Grenadeshock
02-19-2005, 07:37 AM
RE: Grenadeshock
If women and beer is thrown in for free Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2005, 09:55 AM
It\'s kind of like a strong punch. Yes, if your feet remain stationary, you will fall backwards if you just stand straight up and tall.

But no, you won\'t fly backwards 10 feet.
02-26-2005, 03:41 AM
RE: RE: Grenadeshock
The_Punisher Wrote:It\'s kind of like a strong punch. Yes, if your feet remain stationary, you will fall backwards if you just stand straight up and tall.

But no, you won\'t fly backwards 10 feet.

Rubbish, I\'ve watched loads of the A-Team on TV.. happens every week!

Wink
11-29-2005, 05:14 AM
If TSE can handle distortion maybe you could replace blur effects.

After all your vision doesn\'t get blurry when you get hit by a concussion wave.
Your organ of balance will get smacked and you\'ll have temporary balance problems.

So falling down (going prone but upside down with your eyes pointing upwards), ringing ears (and losing/dropping weapons which often happends when you fall).

Good enough??
11-30-2005, 04:36 AM
All good Smile But I wouldn\'t necessarily say that you\'d end up on your back, facing upward. The amount of imbalance could be a random thing, ranging from just shaking and a little desorientation to falling in all sort of positions. Of course coupled to the distance of the exploding grenade.

Does that sound good?
11-30-2005, 06:39 AM
RE: RE: Grenadeshock
=D.C.L.I=Everest Wrote:All good Smile But I wouldn\'t necessarily say that you\'d end up on your back, facing upward. The amount of imbalance could be a random thing, ranging from just shaking and a little desorientation to falling in all sort of positions. Of course coupled to the distance of the exploding grenade.

Does that sound good?
Sure, but the fact that falling never happens in games is disappointing, so I came up with an idea to compensate this Tongue.

Btw. wouldn\'t it be great if you instinctively fall when you get hit by a bullet in a game??
I don\'t know if it happens that often, but I hear a lot of people who tell this which can prove they have been shot, including my dad.

I don\'t know if it can be proven scientifically, but it\'d be cool... Don\'t you chums think? Big Grin

We need more falling in games!!
11-30-2005, 07:33 AM
Perhaps when adrenaline isnt rushing. I have read stories about people who took 10 ak shots and only then died because of adrenalin.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-30-2005, 04:36 PM
yeah funny thing about adrenaline. i heard about this cop that took a shot to the heart that totally destroyed it (his heart). so, with no blood pumping, he ran back to his car, opened the trunk, got his riot gun, shot the dude who shot him, then died.

now, if we could get some crazy adrenaline action like THAT in game... whoa. mebbe like a little timer - instead of bandaging - that you have until you roll over dead. how to guage adrenaline? i dunno, i know i get pretty pumped if i kill a bunch o\' dudes in less than 5 secs. man, im positively jittery as im running back to cover as fast as i can. mebs something like peeps killed/secs = secs of adrenaline life. or mebbe not.
12-01-2005, 03:49 AM
Well it should also depend on range to the enemies and the ammount of shots,grenades. Melee should be the ultimate adrenaline bringer.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user