Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2.33 Average
What is the last thing(s) you bought?
05-31-2010, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2010 08:01 AM by Smithcraft.)
RE: RE: What is the last thing(s) you bought?
Big-Al Wrote:that thing is cool, how much did it cost all together?
Well, I picked up the drives on sale over about four weeks. Due to price matching and low price guarantees the drives were USD $109 each, and the case was just under USD $300. If I would have been happy with USB2, I could have used a cheaper case. Plus I didn\'t want RAID which further limited my options for a case. The case isn\'t advertised as FW400/800, so I picked up a FW400 <-> FW800 cable from monoprice, but the bridgeboards in the case had FW400 so I could have just used any of my FW400 cables, and the short jumper FW800 cable to jump link the two bridgeboards.

The drive that has the catalog of DVD/HD rips is almost full, but the drive with the transcoded movie files has space to spare, the teevee and random vid drive has plenty of space. The last drive is still not even named, but I think it will be the second movie drive.

The file transferring took all weekend and into Monday...

SC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RE: What is the last thing(s) you bought? - Smithcraft - 05-31-2010 07:56 AM