Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Al Qaeda a fabrication by Washington?
02-11-2005, 06:43 AM
RE: Is Al Qaeda a fabrication by Washington?
i like tea.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2005, 07:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2005 12:55 PM by Sgt. Boomer.)
RE: Is Al Qaeda a fabrication by Washington?
Yes, I know that the world is infinitely more complex than what’s described in the average 3 minute or 300 word news story that the mainstream media feeds people as they breeze through ‘world events’ on their way to sports or entertainment. After all who wants to be an expert on cave-dwelling Arabs when everyone else at work (or school) is talking about the sex-life of the latest Hollywood bimbo? And yes, I know my last post was the same kind of simplistic rot. A one hundred word political debate is mostly just play fighting- enough time for a bit of wit and provocation with the occasional valid point thrown in. And lastly, yes I know I drifted off topic; my apologies. But when was the last time you saw a thread more than 3 post long that stayed on topic?8)

Soooooooooo … back to the original point.

To answer the SPIRIT of your question: do I think that Al Qaeda, as understood by the vast majority of people is a gross oversimplification? Absolutely.

To answer the LETTER of your question: do I think that Al Qaeda is a fabrication (made up for the purpose of deception)? Absolutely not.

Do I think that Washington used 9/11 as a reason to pursue an agenda that people like Wolfowitz had already been developing before 9/11? Very likely. But it’s not like the previous strategy of doing bugger-all was working out. And it’s utterly ludicrous to believe that there are a sufficient number of fanatics in the U.S. government to plan, execute, and then keep secret 9/11 as a super sensationalistic excuse to invade a couple of third-world countries. As I mentioned, even the SS couldn’t command that level of blind obedience. (ooops, off topic again).

Still, I just had to throw my two pennies in the pot. I will watch the doc. Despite my odd lapses into partisan rhetoric I do like to get the fuller picture from both sides.

Cheers, Boomer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply