Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Al Qaeda a fabrication by Washington?
01-27-2005, 12:03 AM
RE: RE: Is Al Qaeda a fabrication by Washington?
shift Wrote:It\'s obvious that being optimistic lately is hard unless you are a USA citizen.

Well i certaintly don?t share that view! They?re right in the middle of the big schnizzle, and deeply divided to boot. Much cozier and out-of-the-way here up north.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2005, 05:09 PM
RE: Is Al Qaeda a fabrication by Washington?
Well, I don\'t know if they exist or not. Heck, as long as they don\'t bother me, then I don\'t need to worry about them. I\'m of the position that we just drop it and go get a smoothie.

And I do mean that in all seriousness.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2005, 09:12 AM

=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:
shift Wrote:It\'s obvious that being optimistic lately is hard unless you are a USA citizen.

Well i certaintly don?t share that view! They?re right in the middle of the big schnizzle, and deeply divided to boot. Much cozier and out-of-the-way here up north.

I would definitely say that there aren\'t too many optimistic USA citizens that I know.

The division is really upsetting to me, as to how deep it has become. It is really quite sad.

But back on topic, when I first saw this topic, I thought I might flame out and blast the very idea.

Unfortunately, the more I think about it, the more I realize that the CIA trained Osama to fight against the Russians, and ended up with pissing him off against the US because of our support and presence in Saudi Arabia.

Of course, with the way back machine we see that during the Iran-Contra hearings, when the questioners were asking Ollie North about his fifty thousand dollar security system and he said that it was to protect his family against Osama bin Laden, who he said was the scariest person he knew of. So the connection between the US and Osama goes way back.

SC
02-01-2005, 09:42 AM
i think that even the notion of Al Qaeda being a fabrication of washington is completly repulsive. ive got friends in the armed forces who took part in the military action in afgan, as well as iraq, and having lost a family member in 9-11 i find the notion completly absurd. i believe that the only reason that the bbc aired these \"specials\" is a wild stab to grab ratings, anyhting with 9-11, the war in iraq, and afgan looks like a gold mine to the network bigwigs.

its like calling hitler a fabrication by the governments of europe.
02-10-2005, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2005 02:10 AM by Sgt. Boomer.)
RE: RE: Is Al Qaeda a fabrication by Washington?
Jonathan Wrote:I believed from day 1 (9-11) and still do for that matter that the WTC tragedy was plotted by the US themselves.
I also believe that in the past many terrorist attacks were the work of the CIA and I don\'t believe that policy has changed.

:wtf: That darling of the lib-left media, Bill Clinton, couldn’t hide the fact that he shagged a fat intern in the oval office for more than a few months. Do you honestly believe it’s even remotely possible that one of the greatest atrocities of the last 50 years could have been planned and executed by the Bush administration in a matter of 8 months?

Obviously conspiracies happen: 9/11 was a conspiracy; but it’s ridiculous to suggest it was a CIA conspiracy. The recent dissent in the CIA and Bush administration (not to mention Abu Ghraib) are a pretty clear indication that U.S. government workers have nowhere near the level of fanaticism and blind obedience that would be required for the rubbish you’re suggesting. The Nazis were as fanatical as they came but even a copy of the transcript of the Wannsee Conference survived.

I agree with izzybob, the execs at the BBC (British Buggers & Communists) are either nuts or just out for sensationalism. Or perhaps they’ve just hired Dan Rather.
02-10-2005, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2005 07:39 PM by shift.)
First, I invite you to download/watch the BBC documentary.

It explains how the extreme islamists and the USA neocons became what they are now, who were their spiritual leaders, what are their tactics and what ideas are behind each one. Following both trajectories you can see how they are closer than both think and how both use terror to achieve their objectives.

It doesn\'t talk about conspiracies of any type, but I understand that that\'s what can be readed from the documentary idea if you haven\'t watched it. The rest are just personal opinions from forum members. I just mark this point to don\'t lose the focus.

The documentary questions if Al Qaeda has ever existed as an organization (you know, all the underground bunkers in Afghanistan alla Spectra organization from the James Bond movie series). As Crazy_Ivan and others have stated, Al Qaeda has never been an organization, but just an ideal, tagged by the USA and used later from independent radical islamist terrorist cells to increase the terror factor of their actions.

Watching the documentaries will clear some of the misunderstandings expressed here.
02-11-2005, 04:55 AM
Well, two things.

First, I don\'t have time to watch the crap on the boob tube that I want to watch.

Second, the title of the thread clearly asks \"Is Al Qaeda a fabrication by Washington?\"

Otherwise, I like the BBC and I am not sure what this would have to do with ratings, since the last time I heard, the BBC was government funded. So ratings, being bait for advertisers, would be largely unnecessary. But then again what do I know about the BBC?

SC
02-11-2005, 05:14 AM
Yes, Smithcraft, I wasn\'t thinking about your post when I wrote that.

Anyway, the title of this thread is the title of the news post that I used as the source, as I usually do when posting news from other sites. Probably the title wasn\'t the best choice but, basically, this BBC documentary is (among other things) about the possibility that Al Qaeda isn\'t the kind of organization we all think. Anyway I tried to be more explicit in the poll\'s question.

I know watching the documentaries is quite an effort, having to download all three episodes and having the time to watch them (they\'re about 1 hour each). That\'s why I made that clarification. At least that\'ll give some more info about the documentary content.
02-11-2005, 06:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2005 06:10 AM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
Actually Smitty, in Europe state broadcasters like BBC (and the norwegian NRK) are intensely competetive with the commercial channels, (which is a good thing IMO). They can?t trust goverments to supply a steady, predictable flow of revenue, so they try to make a buck out of anything else than straight tv-commercials. Things like sponsorship and commercial sale of products like DVDs et al. In Norway NRK have met the new age with such an offensive zest that they rule over all other contenders both on TV and on the radio ratings-wise.

Besides, no sense having a big broadcast-machine with no one watchin, is there?

Now wasn?t that clarifying?! Smile
02-11-2005, 06:18 AM
Sure was!

[Image: clarified.jpg]

SC