Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reputation feature
01-27-2005, 08:12 AM
RE: RE: RE: Reputation feature
=D.C.L.I=Everest Wrote:If not everyone uses them the same way, they\'re useless... And most people already have "reputations" from the old boards Tongue

not quite correct, if everybody rates everyone by their own standard, the average would be, well, the average opinion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2005, 08:30 AM
RE: Reputation feature
as everest said: this is not a new mod. we (at least i did) lived through three forums in the history of it, so most of the forum veterans have their opinion about other members. no need for a reputation system in that case.
01-28-2005, 05:18 AM
humm...
well maybe it\'s a bad thig afterall
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-28-2005, 12:00 PM
One way of looking at it is that having a bad rep is a good thing Tongue
01-28-2005, 12:31 PM
ay if your pissin someone off only with your opinion your doin sumthin good in my book Tongue
01-28-2005, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2005 02:07 PM by Yellowbelly.)
RE: RE: Reputation feature
izzybob7 Wrote:ay if your pissin someone off only with your opinion your doin sumthin good in my book Tongue

I guess so. So how does this point system work. It seems like good votes count as +1 and bad ones count as -2. Kinda aggravates me. I know I just posted a few dumb things and I get that, but when I post things that people disagree with, and they vote a bad one, that pisses me off, and they don\'t even give me any reason or just a horrible reason. One of mine says not cool. I know it\'s not cool, greenpeace isn\'t that cool, ok? I gave my opinion that was pretty much all fact but yet someone votes a bad one. That happened twice. And the other one, the guy didn\'t even leave a reason. Not only that, there wasn\'t much of a reason to vote down since I didn\'t write anything stupid like this is going to be. I\'ll probably get a few bad votes for this one as well. I did appreciate one very much over a discussion and a guy who disagreed voted a good one and left a good reason.

I just like reasons. If there\'s a decent reason, I can fix it. If you don\'t leave a reason, I have no idea what I did wrong. I also like reasons for what I did right. But that\'s just me.

This reputation thing is kinda fun to mess with I guess.
01-28-2005, 07:56 PM
I suppose this thing will evolve over time. Early, like now, people aren\'t too sure how it works. Give it some time so people get the hang of it.

And I totally agree - if someone wants to rate you, good or bad, they should leave some sort of reason so you understand where (not who though) it comes from.

I\'d appreciate it if those of you who use this feature please take the time to actually provide some feedback in those ratings. It would help.

As for people giving you negative scores due to difference of opinion. I\'ve also gotten a few of those. It\'s a free world and a forum on the internet. People are entitled to their opinions. If they don\'t like *you* because of your opinions, it\'s their choice. Personally I don\'t agree with that kind of thinking, but thats the way the world works. People behave/act differently and have different norms. Better to accept that fact than to become irritated by it - you\'d be irritated for the rest of your life, believe me.

Anyways, good post Yellow.
01-28-2005, 09:58 PM
I use the reputation feature sometimes...

P.S. Good post Yellow
01-29-2005, 12:49 AM
If I disagree with something, I won\'t go into detail in a comment, I make a post for that. I just like to share my opinion with all the others instead of just the person who I disagree with.

I see the rating thing as just a way to tell someone that you (don\'t) like a post they made. Isn\'t that what it\'s for? Comments on those posts I vote on will follow in a post, not in a sneakily commented personal attack.
01-29-2005, 12:55 AM
Actually, the negatives I\'ve got were to the point and signed. So there!