[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reputation feature
01-26-2005, 09:36 AM
RE: Reputation feature
I don\'t use it. I voted:
no.
<---------------- apparently someone doesn\'t like me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2005, 09:39 AM
or what you said?

you know, there isn\'t that much hate on these forums.
just the odd push and shove every now and again Smile

ttr is only a game right!?!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-26-2005, 01:32 PM
oh, I thought it was all about people liking you, not just what you say.
01-26-2005, 07:50 PM
I\'m using them correctly! but some people arent Tongue try to leave a message if your giving feedback then its much more helpful
01-26-2005, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2005 08:10 PM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
I don\'t rate ppl, but I?ve rated threads. Im responsible, at least partially, for the \"what are you listening to right now\"-thread\'s low esteem, he he. Tongue

(so sick of that thread, only three ppl posting and I already knew what got their musical juices flowing this time last year!)

C\'mon al, rate me down!
01-27-2005, 12:13 AM
why sould i? your posts are generaly very good, only some times are they exellent Wink
01-27-2005, 07:01 AM
I like the idea of a reputation over a postcount, but I\'m not too crazy about how it\'s executed here, to be honest.

To begin with, not everyone uses the same basis on which they give or take points. Granted, there\'s not a single system that would work in that aspect, but just saying.

Also, it might not give a true representation of a person. Say I just made one post that a whole lot of people disliked, and all my other posts were left unrated. Is it fair to hurt a person\'s reputation based on one post? Better would be a system of post rating: a number of people that voted for/against a post would be indicated in that post. That way we can dislike posts, instead of people.

And then there\'s some random unclarities, but I\'m too tired to go into depth on those Tongue
01-27-2005, 07:18 AM
tbh I wouldnt take a reputation meter seriously in the matter of grading members in a forum, knowing the amount of pranks and shenanigans that usually goes around these places. And I very much doubt that anyone pays much attention to them at all. The reason we debate them now is cuz they are new. We?re sniffing em out, so to speak. Not very useful, but harmless.
01-27-2005, 07:20 AM
aren\'t they just ment to be fun?
like ttr?

life\'s just a game right?

what\'s all the fuss about?
arg Sad
01-27-2005, 07:23 AM
RE: RE: Reputation feature
=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:tbh I wouldnt take a reputation meter seriously in the matter of grading members in a forum, knowing the amount of pranks and shenanigans that usually goes around these places. And I very much doubt that anyone pays much attention to them at all. The reason we debate them now is cuz they are new. We?re sniffing em out, so to speak. Not very useful, but harmless.
If not everyone uses them the same way, they\'re useless... And most people already have \"reputations\" from the old boards Tongue