Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NSFW Tag
01-24-2005, 11:33 PM
RE: NSFW Tag
The tag is here to stay. Both JR and Soul has now explained it and it seems you guys understand what it is for. (Thanks guys).

Wheter or not a thread will be closed/deleted due to it\'s content will be discussed in each and every case. It\'s not always necessary to close/delete a thread even though it might contain something nasty. It depends on how nasty and what \"sort\" of nasty it is .
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2005, 01:26 AM
RE: RE: NSFW Tag
IntRed Wrote:OR just get a more understandable tag, like [HOME] tag or smth, but NSFW is kind of far fetched

NSFW is a well used term on the internet (Not Safe For Work) if it hasnt been mentioned in this thread previously Tongue
01-25-2005, 02:26 AM
For people like Shift that don\'t really understand/wrong end of the stick the point of this tag....(and to elaborate on soulsurfers excellent explanation)

Public places and places of work are getting very stringent about what their employees/users use their internet connections for, for productivity reasons.etc. There have been quite a few cases of people getting sacked in the UK for just surfing the web all day. To minimise this effect, websites (not just TTR) have been beginning to tag their sites/messages as safe for work or not safe.

Its a good idea and well done for implementing it Tongue

Personally I have been confronted 3 times on university computers for going on a website called The Third Reich, even after I explain its a game they dont believe me and twice have took my name and uni ID number!

Vips
Find all posts by this user
01-25-2005, 02:36 AM
thats never been brought up at my uni but these new lovely forums have very few refences to the third reich in big letters so no one is the wiser
01-25-2005, 03:32 AM
this should be handy
01-25-2005, 05:26 AM
i think that\'s a very nice idea Smile
n1 :tup: