Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it okay to portray Hitler as a human being?
02-01-2005, 08:20 AM
RE: Is it okay to portray Hitler as a human being?
JR and GaGrin hit it.

saying that Hitler was not human is like saying Einstein isn\'t either.

just because a person made some seriously bad decisions and executed very unfair, unjust, obscene forms of treatment doesnt make them inhuman. it makes them more human.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2005, 08:29 AM
Are you implying he was superhuman? Tongue

I get what you mean, but you can\'t call anyone more than human. It\'s not fair to give extra credits on a imaginary humanity scale if a person made grave mistakes. There\'s no such scale to begin with; we\'re all equally human in my book.

Maybe Hitler can be shown as human, but not as \"too\" human (in such a way that we \"get\" him and his beliefs). That\'s where I think is the catch at in this discussion: what if people \"get\" Hitler?
02-01-2005, 08:38 AM
RE: RE: Is it okay to portray Hitler as a human being?
=D.C.L.I=Everest Wrote:Maybe Hitler can be shown as human, but not as "too" human (in such a way that we "get" him and his beliefs). That\'s where I think is the catch at in this discussion: what if people "get" Hitler?

In the good way or bad way?

Worst comes to worst is that we have Hitler wannabes trying to rise up and do what he did. Do the T. If people did \"get\" Hitler, I\'m not so sure they would hate him more. Remember that at Hitler\'s time, Germany lost WW1, there was the Depression, and anti-semetism, which that had existed as far back as the beginnings of Christianity when they blamed Jews for killing Jesus.

Look at it today. Hitler blamed the Jews for everything, but there is no Depression, or loss of German pride or whatnot.

Sometimes, don\'t we wish that guy back in WW1 shot Hitler dead in battle?
02-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Hitler himself was a wannabe. There always has been hitlers throughout history.

Btw, I actually don\'t wish that Hitler himself was killed. He was not an intelligent man and we are lucky that WW2 went the way it did only because he was a dumbass.
02-01-2005, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2005 10:04 AM by isoFlux.)
i think Hitler is underrated in terms of his affect on the world.

note: i do not agree with, condone, or support Hitler\'s methods of staying in or keeping power by any means at all.

but look at the big picture. he was the best of the best in terms of political prowess and leadership. he brought Germany out of the depression and the limitations of the Versailles Treaty, challenged the stigma of WW1, and brought Germany to the threshold of industrial production. he offered Germany something nobody else did: hope, focus, and a will to survive.

however, behind the facade of purley awesome speeches, he was a blundering idiot (coupled with the flaws of fascism to begin with) that made too many mistakes to keep the empire he had built for himself and Germany.

in terms of influence, i think Hitler was the man that made the biggest impact in world politics in the last century.

and yes, Evert, i totally agree. i revise my statement Tongue Smile Hitler was human: nothing more, nothing less. being human is simply being a species on this planet.
02-01-2005, 10:27 AM
Amen.
02-01-2005, 10:53 AM
i agree with iso for the most part. hitler was a pretty awesome dude. that statement comes with the disclaimer that i dont support or empathize with his crazy fascist and racist ways. but i cant help comparing him to the other great dudes of that era - dudes like fdr and stalin and churchil and stuff.
i really need to research the dude, so take what i say with a grain of salt if u so desire, but its insane all the stuff he utilized that others hadnt. i refrain from declaring him an idiot because of his techniques in crowd control, speech writing, conveyance of concepts, the depression and junk. i mean, he used public speaking techniques pioneered by the one dude who\'s words are still being heard -Jesus- and refined them. i see him more as a brilliant mind that deteriorated over time.
this post is rather scrambled and stuff, but check it out: if hitler was a bumbling fool, the german peeps wouldnt have followed him and he wouldnt have accomplished anything. i remember the flick called something like \"The Boys from Brazil\" and how cool the ending was. because there were now all those brilliant minds in the populace, and their behavioral grooming had been shortcircuited. it could\'ve been like a new renaissance. i also think how easy it would be for churchil, and fdr to take the route hitler took first. fdr took the first few steps with the japanese internment camps. but thats not exactly what i mean. heres another tangent, (sorry for the rambling incoherence of my post) but its kinda funny how the ammendment for limitting a president\'s reign to two terms was inacted after fdr\'s 4th term. hope this wasnt too off-topic.
02-02-2005, 06:17 PM
No one really know Hitler, not even Eva Braun (she once said that after all the years she\'s been with him, she still didn\'t know him).

So who are we to say if he had some humanity or not?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2005, 12:42 AM
No, hitler was a good leader.

But being a good leader doesn\'t preclude you from being a dumbass.
02-05-2005, 04:11 PM
RE: RE: Is it okay to portray Hitler as a human being?
Mengioto Wrote:i agree with you gagrin

i often think what it would be like to be the man himself, cause if you were brought up with racial ideas and stuff, no wonder..

i have a question though, about his parents, wonder if any of you know?:

did one of his parents, or relatives got killed by a so called "foreigner"? or was one of his parents a racist? cuase if then, i wouldnt blame Adolf, i\'d blame the persons around him, i think the father was the most influential though....

but cant speak till i got things straight right?

and ofcourse hes still human, but like any (well maybe not any) other person, he was raised by his parents, if his actions are lead from his family, you cant blame him! IMO

Parents are on of many influences in your life as you grow up. Definately one of the major ones, but none the less not the only.

And everyone has the power to think for themselves, and make thier own decisions. Im sure Hitlers parents didn\'t raise him with the aim for him becoming the genocidal maniac he was. Thats one thing that has allways bugged me, \"blame the parents\". It\'s just a way of shifting the blame to make the subject seem more innocent.