Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it okay to portray Hitler as a human being?
02-11-2005, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2005 04:26 PM by =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD.)
RE: Is it okay to portray Hitler as a human being?
Chimps arn\'t evil, although extremely violent. They are quite simply soldiers on duty. Cats have direct contact with Satan, but that\'s just because they are opportunistic, not evil!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2005, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2005 03:01 AM by Smithcraft.)
@Turbs - :lol:

@Pun - Because the Germans were told that they were being shipped off else where, and not to the death camps.

SC
03-05-2005, 08:20 AM
I disagree SC. While those not in proximity to the camps might be able to claim that, there was a definate knowledge throught the German population that the Jews were being taken care of, permanently. The euphamism used was recognized as such.

For those towns where camps were established nearby, they couldn\'t disguise the smell of the furnaces.

For those companies that used forced labor from the camps, they knew that the labor pool was malnurished and continually being replenishied because of attrition.

There is a reason Germans of that age don\'t like to talk about this. They know the truth is more complex.

I had a sunday school teacher who survived the camps. He made no apologies for his fellows. He always said that it was done because the ordinary citizens would not object.

There is a record of some families that consisted of one spouse being Jewish who protested the arrest and detainment of their spouse. After a short period of visible demonstration against the arrest, the spouses were returned unharmed. They not arrested during the remainder of the War. Likewise, there were several instances of military personnel refusing to participate in clearing operations. They were quietly reassigned to new units. No disiplinary action was taken against them.
03-07-2005, 05:11 AM
toucher Andius :tup:

and I\'m sorry jones, but thats a lot of hard words for me, so I couldn\'t decypher it, but it seemed like you made a good point?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2005, 05:36 AM
Hit the dictionary, Mengie, no excuses!
03-09-2005, 01:44 PM
hey! i just came to a realization that may not make too much sense and may have been stated preiviously! arent exclamation points fun?! sorry, i got distracted.
it was something like - how would dehumanizing anyone make u any more human? it was that kinda thing that led to the concentration camps and junk. so is it ok to portray hitler as a human being? well, firstly, i cant paint very well, so i\'d have to pass on that anyway.
but to portray him as being anything else would be as detrimental to ur humanity as to his prtrayal. i hope this makes some kinda sense and hasnt already been posted.