Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
prone-to-crouch transitions
01-24-2005, 02:58 AM
prone-to-crouch transitions
Seems we are still stuck at the \'can go from prone to stand and nothing else\' position... which isn\'t exactly what you need in the heat of battle.

Isn\'t it possible to go from prone to any other of the available position whitout having to stand up first
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2005, 05:03 AM
RE: prone-to-crouch transitions
Could indeed be handy, but I don\'t think it will be easy to implement. I guess some new animations would be necessary, and TTR1.3 contains only code changes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-24-2005, 06:16 AM
actually, in TTR right now, while proned, hitting the crouch button(prefereably the toggle one) and leave prone, your guy raises to a crouched pos.

just in case ya wanted to know Wink
01-24-2005, 08:26 AM
i like Ghost Recon\'s method of changing posture.

three postions:
prone - crouch - stand

there are just two buttons: raise posture, and lower posture.

if you are crouched, and you hit lower posture, you go to prone, if you are in prone and hit raise posture you go to crouch. but if you are standing, and hit lower posture twice in succession, you drop directly to prone, and vice versa. very fluid.

i tried to make scripts to do this in RO and TTR, but in RO if you deployed your weapon while prone, it screwed it up. and i forgot if it worked or not in TTR. i should try it again.
01-24-2005, 08:34 AM
The way I do it in INF is X and C. X is stand or crouch. C is stand or prone. It\'s easy to get to anything. It becomes second nature.
01-24-2005, 08:43 AM
RE: RE: prone-to-crouch transitions
The_Punisher Wrote:The way I do it in INF is X and C. X is stand or crouch. C is stand or prone. It\'s easy to get to anything. It becomes second nature.

Reminds me of the way DoD handles it. Takes a while to get used to though, especially if you (used to) play RVS/GR/...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-24-2005, 08:49 AM
Yeah, but I think it\'s best. I got so used to it that I keep trying to do it in TTR.