Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recoil
06-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Recoil
I\'ve been having this juggle around in my head a fair bit while doing the weapon animations, and it occurred to me how archaic the current method of representing weapon recoil was, where the camera shakes alongside the weapon, and it you shoot too much, the gun carries your whole body untill you\'re facing the ceiling! D:
I\'ve seen some point fire guns, and obviously this isn\'t the case, so i\'d been pondering a better way to handle recoil, and figured the best way is to let the weapon animation handle it.
By that, i mean say you have a rifle like the Kar98, or the M1.
When you fire there\'s a sizable amount of recoil to it, but the recoil is mostly absorbed into the shoulder, and while the gun hikes upwards, the head receives only a minor amount of that given recoil.
So looking at it, you could take the universal model, apply that fancy recoil animation, and what do you get?
The weapon hikes upwards, the screen jarrs, but the screen doesnt totally follow the gun on it\'s acent. as the fire animation ends, the gun repositions itself at the firing position.
This could easily be designed so that each time you fire the gun, it plays the recoil animation, and the screen jarrs, the gun jerks up, and your aim becomes terrible, but you won\'t find yourself looking at the ceiling.
This sounds pretty solid, and wouldn\'t be terribly hard to implement, so it could be in pretty fast.

The thing is, is this realistic, or at least moreso than what is currently in TTR(resident gun users?), and is that something you guys would like to see done in the game?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Recoil - Reno - 06-19-2007 12:19 PM
RE: Recoil - Smithcraft - 06-19-2007, 02:11 PM
RE: Recoil - The_Punisher - 06-19-2007, 02:22 PM
RE: Recoil - Reno - 06-19-2007, 02:33 PM
RE: Recoil - The_Punisher - 06-19-2007, 11:37 PM
RE: Recoil - tomcat ha - 06-20-2007, 08:06 AM