Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[custom funvehicle] Need idea\'s
03-23-2005, 05:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2005 05:44 AM by w00p.)
Smile [custom funvehicle] Need idea\'s
So, because my grandmother has moved from her house into a small appartement (hip operation, house was way too big, even before the new hip) she had some stuff she\'d never need anymore.
Like her lawnmower... It was a 5HP Briggs & Stratton Quantum XTS 50.

Doing a little research about it, I realised it has quite a pwnage engine...
It didn\'t work but I took about 20 mins of free time to debug it, and got it running. Apparently, theres a throttle valve (edit: after some more research it appears to be the choke valve, part of the carb... explains alot) between the carb and the block itself. I had to keep it open while starting the engine, and let it go freely in a few seconds or the engine just puffs a bit and comes to a complete stop again. Tongue
The engine runs fine apart from the starting problems, and since nobody needs 2 lawnmowers, one has to go.
We\'re keeping the honda 5hp since its a self-propelled and the B&S... well, isn\'t.

So I have a fairly decent engine to play around with, and now, I have a challenge for you people:
Help me decide what to do with it. Smile

Stuff I have access to: welding, drilling, etc
Stuff I don\'t have access to: TIG welding (so no aluminium frame Sad ), funds over 200€
So keep it cost effective and do-able! Tongue

What features must it have?
-Light frame
-Not too expensive, so don\'t come around with something like a mini kitcar or something...
-1 or 2 seats
-must be manouvreable
-not to be equipped with reverse or neutral (though neutral should be quite handy...)
-it should be able to handle light offroading. (just a bit of driving on a bumpy grass field)
-more than 2 wheels, unless you add funds so I can build something with adequate materials and precision. Tongue

Suggestions, concept drawings, all are welcome! Big Grin
Lets see how good you all are as designers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[custom funvehicle] Need idea\'s - w00p - 03-23-2005 05:03 AM