Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
a silly idea
02-22-2005, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2005 01:29 AM by AN GOF..)
Brick a silly idea
Im always impressed when games/mods come up with a piece of equip that no other game has thought of, ie Operation Greenlight is gonna have the Cricket Clickers ( tottaly pointless but a nice orginal featue methinks).

Anyway on to my silly idea, I was watching SPR on the vid yesterday and when Tom Hanks sticks a little mirror to his dagger with gum to see around the corner i thought \" How cool would that be in Game :roll: ), prob impossable to code a mirror reflection but thought id mention it anyway :thx:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2005, 02:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2005 02:07 AM by Albert Wesker.)
RE: a silly idea
hahaha, nice idea gof Big Grin but i think u r right its probably hard to code... but it would be a pleasure to shoot ur little piece of mirror off ur knife with my STG 44. Muhahahaha Tongue

Wesker
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-22-2005, 02:19 AM
it\'s a nice idea, but it does make the game very \"saving private ryan\" --> yet another \"WW2 Clone\"?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-22-2005, 02:37 AM
AN GOF. Wrote:Im always impressed when games/mods come up with a piece of equip that no other game has thought of, ie Operation Greenlight is gonna have the Cricket Clickers ( tottaly pointless but a nice orginal featue methinks).

Anyway on to my silly idea, I was watching SPR on the vid yesterday and when Tom Hanks sticks a little mirror to his dagger with gum to see around the corner i thought " How cool would that be in Game :roll: ), prob impossable to code a mirror reflection but thought id mention it anyway :thx:

I don\'t think it\'s impossible. If you saw the TSE demoes it has a big ball that was a mirror. It reflected everything and it was pretty neat. If they could just make it a slightly different color and make it flat, then I don\'t see any problem with it.
02-22-2005, 02:52 AM
Def not impossible... even on the unreal2 engine Tongue Ravenshielf has mirror reflections of yourself, AI players Smile
02-22-2005, 03:01 AM
I think it sounds like a cool idea Big Grin
instead of peaking out ur head, u can see around corners with a piece of glas =)
02-22-2005, 07:44 AM
Well, thats one of the BEST things about TSE:
all materials can be made on the fly.
So you could do this simply by having the \"mirror\" part textured with a seperate texture, then tell the texture that it would mirror the envio around it.
really simple to do, though i dunno if we\'ll actually do it(not a bad idea though)
02-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Here\'s a neat idea. Let there be a photo import thing that we can use, and we can take pictures of our family or girlfriends or pets, etc and let us stick them on the inside of our helmet, inside of a plane, shield of a panzershreck and let us look at it inbetween firefights for ... inspiration. Big Grin

Ok, maybe inspiration is a bad word if people decide to import pr0n. Tongue