[ghc]Games Forums
some suggestions - Printable Version

+- [ghc]Games Forums (http://forums.ghc-games.com)
+-- Forum: TTR General Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: some suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=653)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: RE: some suggestions - SgtH3nry3 - 12-02-2005 01:54 AM

joeb Wrote:yeah and once those dx10 cards are out, you should wait for the dx11 cards, shouldn\'t take too long then Tongue
lol.
Do you know how long it took/takes from DirectX 9 to DirectX 10?!?!
Almost 4 years by now...

So maybe I oughtta buy the R580 (X1850XT?!?!)/R600??
I used to be an nVidia freak, until I realised how much trouble I had with shitty ForceWare drivers and low-quality/cheap condensators and coils in nVidia.
Especially when I had a Radeon 7000 once... I never had trouble, though I was soo stupid I bought a GeForce 4 MX... The trouble started.
Then I bought a GeForce 4 Ti4800... Trouble went worse, I had my fathers Pentium 4 system to replace my older Pentium 3.
The trouble was the same, now I have a shitty 5200 Ultra. :\\

Though thanks to my knowlegde I started to build up on technics at school, I modded my 5200 Ultra by replace the condensators and coils (and resistors and shit).
Now it\'s working, but the drivers are still troublesome.

Hell I can even overclock it now!! Big Grin

So I hope I will loose this misery soon... :roll:
Now that is the story how I became a ATI-fanboy out of a a nVidia-fanboy. :wtf:

I don\'t want to call myself a fanboy, because I would definatly like to have a 7800GTX of course.
Anything quicker than this sh*tty thingy is good enough for me Big Grin

RE: some suggestions - tomcat ha - 12-02-2005 04:50 AM

But you should wait for ps X then and ofcourse AGP express.

RE: some suggestions - joeb - 12-02-2005 05:00 AM

well about the dx thing, it\'s debatle whether dx9.0b and c should be 10, etc. All in all my comment was mainly a joke toward Big-Al, about how you can always wait for what\'s \'just around the corner\' Tongue

RE: some suggestions - Reno - 12-02-2005 05:06 AM

Pft, i\'ve got you all beat.
I\'m waiting till we just use psycic hamster brains suspended in saline tanks.
now THAT\'s rendering power XD

RE: some suggestions - joeb - 12-02-2005 05:58 AM

shush man! you don\'t want the world to know!

RE: some suggestions - =D.C.L.I=Everest - 12-02-2005 07:28 AM

Ah, so that\'s TTR\'s core business now?

RE: RE: some suggestions - Big-Al - 12-02-2005 07:47 AM

joeb Wrote:well about the dx thing, it\'s debatle whether dx9.0b and c should be 10, etc. All in all my comment was mainly a joke toward Big-Al, about how you can always wait for what\'s \'just around the corner\' Tongue
Tongue does anyone know when dx 10 is out? cos dx 9 has been around for a while... a bit like internet sexplorer 6... 7 was due out this summer but??? :wall:

RE: some suggestions - Reno - 12-02-2005 07:57 AM

it\'s to be released alongside Vista.

RE: some suggestions - The_Punisher - 12-02-2005 08:21 AM

The favorite method of dealing with unwanted people on the East front was to tie two people together on a bridge. Shoot the person on the left, and toss them in.

RE: RE: some suggestions - =D.C.L.I=Everest - 12-02-2005 08:53 AM

The_Punisher Wrote:The favorite method of dealing with unwanted people on the East front was to tie two people together on a bridge. Shoot the person on the left, and toss them in.
Hehe, that could\'ve resulted in funny arguments if both of them knew what a horrible way to die drowning is :rofl: