[ghc]Games Forums
Family Heritage - Printable Version

+- [ghc]Games Forums (http://forums.ghc-games.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Culture Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Family Heritage (/showthread.php?tid=293)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: RE: Family Heritage - AN GOF. - 04-19-2005 02:05 AM

=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:My mother\'s maiden name is Goffeng, a scandinavian derivate of the more central european sounding "Goffin" or "Gofin". Anyone want to take a guess at where the family originated from?

Cornwall ???, Gof in Cornish means Blacksmith

RE: Family Heritage - Smithcraft - 04-19-2005 03:09 AM

That\'s what I was thinking!

SC

RE: Family Heritage - =D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD - 04-19-2005 05:09 AM

Miles off! Yachtable space of water in between. Still, I like the thought! Tongue

RE: Family Heritage - joeb - 04-19-2005 05:53 AM

Well, I\'m originally (around 1700something) from south Germany. Our name back then was Butterbrot, really. :/

RE: Family Heritage - DarkSoulCrusader - 04-19-2005 06:40 AM

Hmm, well my last name was \"De La Fontaine\"
But when the family immigrated from France, Ellis Island butchered a lot of the names up to Americanize them. In turn they left the family with \"Fountain\" Other names on the family tree include; Rohm(German), Zorn(German), Ariselie(Italian), McCloud(Irish). Anyway what really interested me was medieval times, we never really covered that period in time in school. So I researched it myself. It must have been something to live and die by the sword. Wink

RE: Family Heritage - dr.moe - 04-19-2005 06:48 AM

im pretty sure im american with some scottish, irish, english, german and probly something else thrown in.

i dont know too much about my heritage from way back in the day - but some other guy does! he called us up and asked about us, but we had no idea who he was.

a couple greats back, my grandfather was this crazy dude named James Tevis. but thats all i got.

RE: Family Heritage - Sgt. Boomer - 04-19-2005 07:57 AM

@Turbs- Denmark? It’s a short yacht trip from there to Sweden.

@Pun- That’s really cool. I just saw a filmed version of ‘Inherit the Wind’ a few months ago (plus read a good article on all the historical inaccuracies in the play).

RE: Family Heritage - Constrictor - 04-19-2005 09:17 AM

100% Polish backround here! Both my parents were born(my dad was actually born in Germany, but that was because his mother was there during WWII) and grew-up in Poland. But I was born in America.

RE: Family Heritage - The_Punisher - 04-19-2005 09:34 AM

Hehe. It\'s funny too. My father looks exactly like him. I\'m not talking about sort of. I mean the resemblence is remarkable.

But anyway, my Father\'s side is half german, half british. My mothers is half german, half british also. It\'s funny because I have a good friend that is that exact same way. We rip each other so much for being german.

RE: Family Heritage - andius - 04-19-2005 03:03 PM

Do any of you know what nationality Hurrell comes from? Any idea? Just my last name, and I was curious.