[ghc]Games Forums
Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p - Printable Version

+- [ghc]Games Forums (http://forums.ghc-games.com)
+-- Forum: TTR General Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p (/showthread.php?tid=258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: RE: Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p - djs - 04-02-2005 11:38 PM

Reno Wrote:* Reno secretly drains the last bit of complain in the TTR community

hehehe....that\'ll show them....

right then, back to working on them models

Hey! I havnt even started yet Wink

RE: Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p - delerium10101 - 04-03-2005 01:28 PM

I figure this is as good a place as any to introduce myself. I\'m a new coder/script monkey on TTR, so, er. hello all.

As for interesting things, give me a couple of weeks. Trust me, you won\'t be disappointed. For the time being, I\'m just going to voice a personal opinion; HL2 wasn\'t anything close to dynamic.

Speculate at will, no promises though.

RE: Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p - Reno - 04-03-2005 01:59 PM

del is the resedent coder lord in terms of torque(until i get a freaking grasp on Torque\'s engine code that is Wink )
and beleive me, he has some pretty scary things cooking(scary-good) Wink
indeed, speculate at will Big Grin

RE: Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p - delerium10101 - 04-03-2005 04:16 PM

I\'m a coder lord? Woo! I guess I missed that memo. Last I checked I was still a code monkey.

Hmmm.... scary-good does sound like an adequate description... c\'mon, make with the speculating! It\'s a new and exciting experience for me to be on a project with an actual fanbase! *chuckles wryly* I guarantee you\'ll be impressed

And HL2 really shouldn\'t be used as a benchmark. I mean, I put a gravity gun into Torque in two weeks, while learning the engine, Torque script, and C++. It really isn\'t all that hard to do the most amazing things. And the bragging about having shaders.... I\'ll stop now. I\'ve got a bit of a sore spot for HL2 for no apparent reason.

RE: Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p - Jognt - 04-03-2005 07:36 PM

o_O wasnt there someone on the team before with the delerium? o_O

welcome anyway Big GrinBig Grin

by the way, HL2 isn\'t that dynamic indeed :wacko:

RE: Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p - [JR] - 04-03-2005 09:24 PM

Yeah, Del was the guy who did the victory/loss screens etc. Great artist, pity about the personality.

This is a new and improved Del though Big Grin

RE: Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p - LivingTarget - 04-03-2005 11:21 PM

HL2 stinks in my book, therefor I do not even have it in my collection ... period.

RE: Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p - Reno - 04-04-2005 03:35 AM

its a good game in general imo, but we have stuff that will trounce it so badly Smile
just you people wait Big Grin

RE: RE: Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p - delerium10101 - 04-04-2005 03:43 AM

Reno Wrote:its a good game in general imo, but we have stuff that will trounce it so badly Smile
just you people wait Big Grin

I get a strange sense of power being on the giving side of that statement rather than the receiving side. Maybe that\'s why devs tease fans with vague little things.

RE: Any chance for some sneaky preview stuff? :p - Reno - 04-04-2005 03:49 AM

glad your getting into the swing of it del Tongue