[ghc]Games Forums

Full Version: Quake 4 rant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I \'got\' this game today, and boy was i dissapointed.

When Id released Doom 3 it had its good points and bad points. When Id made Q4 its like they decided to keep all the bad points of D3 and rid the game completely of the good points.:wall:

The game performed worse on the lowest setting than it did on High...:wacko: some of the shadowing is so stark that it looks black unless the gamma is cranked to the max...tons of minor annoyances and bland weapon models and shitty textures and enemy models make this game very very unenjoyable.
id didn\'t actually make Quake 4, if that\'s any consolation. They just let Ravensoft use the Doom 3 engine and Quake name. Kinda like Hexen 2 and Heretic 2.

Personally, I don\'t like id though. But that\'s only because I\'ve seen their source code. Torque scared me less. This is the engine that has comments saying that \"Oh, hey, this bug should be fixed before T2 goes gold\". Oooh, and // DMMFIX. You can never underestimate the level of fear that comment can strike into a man\'s heart. It usuall procedes such comments as // THIS DOES NOT WORK ON NVIDIA CARDS!!!!!! repeated four times, or // Don\'t change this without talking to Dave Moore. Any engine that can scare me more than those comments can is an engine worth hiding from.
Well i suppose that does change things a bit...but still the game sucks...dammit
LOL, thank you guys, I shall avoid it :yup:
Personally i love Q4, the multiplayer is just like Q3, fast ,action packed and the weapons are really nice, single player part isn\'t that ground breaking, but heck i really enjoyed it, old school schooting, and some parts where you actually go \'wow\', overall glad i bought it cause there is a huge modding community for q4 and i\'m expecting some good shit to come out Big Grin

performance is pretty good, play it on high detail setting 1280*1024 without hesitations, off and online, (amd 3500+, ati800pro, 1 gb corsair)

for example, here\'s a wow scene, trademarked valve probably but still nice Tongue
[Image: q48bv.th.jpg]
I absolutely love Quake 4, and I don\'t know what you\'re talking about with it looking horrible.. Everything is clean and crisp on my 6600 GT, the textures are rather high res aswell for a game on the D3 engine, and the gameplay keeps me going for hours. The multiplayer rocks aswell with how it somehow crossed Quake II and Quake III\'s gameplay Big Grin, nothing more fun than jumping over someones head and railing them in the eye Wink.
I guess thats why I play TTR Wink
andius Wrote:Ok I \'got\' this game today, and boy was i dissapointed.

When Id released Doom 3 it had its good points and bad points. When Id made Q4 its like they decided to keep all the bad points of D3 and rid the game completely of the good points.:wall:

The game performed worse on the lowest setting than it did on High...:wacko: some of the shadowing is so stark that it looks black unless the gamma is cranked to the max...tons of minor annoyances and bland weapon models and shitty textures and enemy models make this game very very unenjoyable.

Can I take your copy off your hands?
sure im seeding it right now Confused :O..Pirates agast!
Reference URL's