[ghc]Games Forums

Full Version: Starship Troopers DEMO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For the \"Starship Troopers\" fans out there, try this demo in case you haven\'t already: http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/s...o.zip.html
Looks like a promising game, somewhat a mix of \"Serious Sam\" and \"Alien vs Predator\".

Unlike the previous one this one really makes you feel like in the movie and looks like a quality one. Tons of bugs, tons of green blood, and tons of adrenaline pushes. Those bugs are really nasty and big... especially when you must scout alone.

Oh, and, yes: \"OLD!™\" Tongue
It\'s not that old Tongue
Ok, then, \"not that OLD™\" Tongue
The previous one was good though...
Wasn\'t there a ST game that came out after the movie, that was based more on the book?

SC
Yes, it\'s the one Pun is talking about: Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy
It wasn\'t bad, but not as good as I expected.

And, yes, they had the jump suits and all those gadgets. Quite close to the \"ST:Roughnecks\" 3d animated series and, therefore, the book.

The good news is that now we\'ll have a (probably) good FPS for the franchise, that IMO was what everyone expected since the movie was out (don\'t think they\'ll implement jump suits tho).
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...ance&s=dvd

Starship Troopers, Roughneck Chronicles. It was made as a kid show using awesome CG graphics. Unfortunately, it wasn\'t advertised, it was shown at 5 in the morning on an unknown TV station.

Even being a kid\'s show, it\'s really good. Something like 800 minutes of the show for 40 bucks. I bought it, I\'d suggest you do too.
I saw the series on one of the Belgian TV stations (VT4). Every saturday morning I wouldget up early to see it ^^
It got quite a following in the UK, SkyOne had it... and if you know UK TV that is THE biggest satellite/cable channel.
The review saying that it\'s more like the book intrigues me! I may have to check it out!

Thanks.

SC
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's