[ghc]Games Forums

Full Version: The European Constitution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Plain simple: are we for it or against it? Smile

I\'m against it. Not against the idea as such, but the current text they made just doesn\'t comply with my political views.

Since I doubt anyone has read the whole thing - not even the politicians who voted for it :roll: - it doesn\'t matter what we think or say about it. Isn\'t that great? Smile
The idea : Yay all for it
The current content : nope, doesn\'t cut it for me
What, us belgians get to actually see it?
I know absolutely zip, nada, njet about it...
im for
Just voted yes...

And we have the funniest voting station of the whole region:

Imagine 3 persons siting there the whole day
One is making socks (the one that hands out the paper)
One is reading books (the one crossing your name on the list)
One is very busy being bored (the one that collects your registration card)

As they are sitting there EVERY time you have to vote you don\'t even have to show your ID because they already know your name by looking at you...
I\'m for it.

If it\'s as faulty as some say, it can be improved over time.
And I really doubt that a possible new one would be more \"social\" from scratch than this one. Europe is more conservative each year, so, go figure. The next one (if it ever happens in the next 5 years or so) will probably be worse in that aspect.

And having the extreme right in the \"NO\" group gives me anything but good feelings.

And about most of us having no idea of what the constitution is about (that 200 pages thing), well, no surprise. It\'s exactly the same as any other voting we all have participated in. Say government elections or any other referendum. Just a few read the partys program or the documents they\'r going to vote for. So, our opinions here are as legitimate as, say, the last USA elections Smile
shift Wrote:having the extreme right in the "NO" group gives me anything but good feelings.
That\'s because it\'s about dead center. I\'d be more scared if the extreme right would be in the \"YES\" side of the spectrum. Wouldn\'t you?

It\'s kind of two-faced that they came up with a dead center text. It\'s a nice mix of everyone\'s opinion maybe, but no one is that dead center Tongue

shift Wrote:And about most of us having no idea of what the constitution is about (that 200 pages thing), well, no surprise. It\'s exactly the same as any other voting we all have participated in. Say government elections or any other referendum. Just a few read the partys program or the documents they\'r going to vote for. So, our opinions here are as legitimate as, say, the last USA elections Smile
Oohoohooh BURN Tongue

Edit: I\'m thinking I should\'ve made more options to vote for. Something to indicate which side of \"NO\" people are on (right or left)... Oh well.
=D.C.L.I=Everest Wrote:
shift Wrote:having the extreme right in the "NO" group gives me anything but good feelings.
That\'s because it\'s about dead center. I\'d be more scared if the extreme right would be in the "YES" side of the spectrum. Wouldn\'t you?

Aw, ok, let\'s put it this way:

Sure a lot of ppl are in the NO because of the low social level and globalization threats of this thing, and I can empathize with that, but I have the impression that this is just the superficial layer. The underlying reasons in quite a bunch of ppl are basically xenophobia and chauvinism. THEY\'ll come here and steal our jobs. THEY\'ll take out our relevant status. You know the deal.

But it\'s just a personal impression, so take it as it is.

As always, how do you see the bottle? Half empty or half full?
Well, considering you euros voice your opinion everytime something in the US happens, I\'ll say something.

I\'m against it. For Two reasons. Both of which were called the Confederate States of the US. Both times it failed. The premise behind it was strong local government, weak binding government. It looks good on paper. It looks great to those who want local power. But the shit don\'t work when you take a look at the large picture.

It\'s good you started off issuing the euro. Different moneys for different locations was a big problem for the Confederacy. But not everyone accepted the euro.

The next big problem is the central binding power isn\'t more powerful then all of the states. It isn\'t more powerful then any single one state. There is really no point in having it if you are doing it this way. The central power eventually gets phased out anyway and you\'re back at square one. Many states with severely loose affiliation.
If you really want to know my reasons for voting no, you\'ll probably laugh at it but i find it a huge thing

its about software patents, basically they are going to allow software patents, now i don\'t know if you guys know what software usually is about , well its about code and let me tell you a secret, not every program is written out of nothing, people use variables, scripts from other people and if they are going to allow someone to patent a certain line of code which is really important in a variety of sofware usages, people are going to pay a shitload of money for their software and people are going to get rich out of something that was always intended to be open source and free for everyone.

So its a big thing, not everyone knows about it so thats why i posted it, but essentially it would mean bye bye opensource
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's