[ghc]Games Forums

Full Version: Family Heritage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
=D.C.L.I=TuRb0jUg3nD Wrote:My mother\'s maiden name is Goffeng, a scandinavian derivate of the more central european sounding "Goffin" or "Gofin". Anyone want to take a guess at where the family originated from?

Cornwall ???, Gof in Cornish means Blacksmith
That\'s what I was thinking!

SC
Miles off! Yachtable space of water in between. Still, I like the thought! Tongue
Well, I\'m originally (around 1700something) from south Germany. Our name back then was Butterbrot, really. :/
Hmm, well my last name was \"De La Fontaine\"
But when the family immigrated from France, Ellis Island butchered a lot of the names up to Americanize them. In turn they left the family with \"Fountain\" Other names on the family tree include; Rohm(German), Zorn(German), Ariselie(Italian), McCloud(Irish). Anyway what really interested me was medieval times, we never really covered that period in time in school. So I researched it myself. It must have been something to live and die by the sword. Wink
im pretty sure im american with some scottish, irish, english, german and probly something else thrown in.

i dont know too much about my heritage from way back in the day - but some other guy does! he called us up and asked about us, but we had no idea who he was.

a couple greats back, my grandfather was this crazy dude named James Tevis. but thats all i got.
@Turbs- Denmark? It’s a short yacht trip from there to Sweden.

@Pun- That’s really cool. I just saw a filmed version of ‘Inherit the Wind’ a few months ago (plus read a good article on all the historical inaccuracies in the play).
100% Polish backround here! Both my parents were born(my dad was actually born in Germany, but that was because his mother was there during WWII) and grew-up in Poland. But I was born in America.
Hehe. It\'s funny too. My father looks exactly like him. I\'m not talking about sort of. I mean the resemblence is remarkable.

But anyway, my Father\'s side is half german, half british. My mothers is half german, half british also. It\'s funny because I have a good friend that is that exact same way. We rip each other so much for being german.
Do any of you know what nationality Hurrell comes from? Any idea? Just my last name, and I was curious.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's