[ghc]Games Forums

Full Version: Oil Prices WorldWide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Ah, you and your ... Belgian humour.

BTW does anyone know what and how large part of Russia is to be considered within the European boundries? I\'ve read somewhere that \"everything south of Caukasus\" is to be considered Asian, but that\'s kinda ballparkish, isn\'t it.
It gets me around Wink

I\'ve always been taught that Europe goes on till the Ural mountains in Russia, and that would include Moscow as a part of Europe... Southern border would be the Kaukasus mountains. That\'s all rather shifty, indeed, but it\'s the best natural borders we can work with.

:offtopic: Tongue
=D.C.L.I=Everest Wrote:Yeah but in that map, Turbs, Europe I stretched out enormously since it\'s more up north then Texas Smile A correct surface map would actually reveal how Texas is twice the size of Europe Tongue

If thats the mercator projection system (you shouldn\'t of said that evert, you\'ve set me off in student mode, no matter how much humour you use Wink) then both texas and europe are distorted by the same amount......

The mercator system works by showing the entire NORTHERN HEMISPHERE at actual size, so the comparisons are the same for northern hemisphere objects. However, the southern hemishere is shown to be much smaller than it actually is.

This display system was developed in the 19th Century when it was done on \"importance\" of the hemisphere.... so therefore the North was proper as it was more important back then.

Vips
Quote:I\'ve been hearing about that for years, but I\'ve also been led to believe it\'s illegal, at least over here. Thou shalt not steal, the government doesn\'t allow competition
@everest
Biodiesel is illegal in holland... just park alongside your local fries shop and no one will notice...
viper Wrote:The mercator system works by showing the entire NORTHERN HEMISPHERE at actual size, so the comparisons are the same for northern hemisphere objects. However, the southern hemishere is shown to be much smaller than it actually is.

This display system was developed in the 19th Century when it was done on "importance" of the hemisphere.... so therefore the North was proper as it was more important back then.

Vips

I heard of that seeing an episode of \"The West Wing\", beleive it or not. It?s an intensely absurd fact!
why is biodiesel illegal? That\'s the most retarded thing I ever heard. It runs much cleaner and regular diesel, it\'s renewable, and if produced in number, it should be cheaper.

I heard of 1 guy in the US that converted his truck to run straight grease from french fries. Every week he\'ll get barrels and barrels of free fuel since local fast food restraunts donate it to him, or they\'ll have to pay to have it disposed of. The only maintenance he has to do is winterize it by putting insulation around the gas tank every winter.

We need biogas or gasahol or something.
It\'s illegal because of the loss of tax income the government gets if you use it instead of gas. Hence the expression \"thou shalt not steal, the government doesn\'t allow competition\".

Sgt. Boomer Wrote:As soon as governments find a way to tax it, they’ll love it. Wink
AFAIK in the UK the stuff is taxed...
in holland it\'s illegal except for \'testing\' applications, and only one company is licensed to make it (too far from where i live, so i\'ll go for the local fish-and-chips or farm supply shop instead)
Well they support new different types of fuel but they ban it?
Well it seems that American and European car companies are working more towards the hydrogen powered cars as Japanese car companies focus on hybrids. We might all be buying Japanese cars before we know it because I believe the hybrid transition will occur before the hydrogen does.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's