[ghc]Games Forums

Full Version: Everests Avatar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yay or Nay?
Its pushing it, but I would say yay,

Its offennsive, but it\'s not something you really notice if your just browsing through a thread.
Oh, it\'s so damn funny. We\'re keeping it.
I go with the rest on this one. A keeper Smile
Something I don\'t understand:

http://forums.thethirdreich.com/showthread.php?tid=256

You fairly enough made a thread about Everts avatar, which contained the word fuck. Yet nothing is said about a topic with shit in the title, in capitals so you can\'t miss it. I was considering editing it, then I read it, and saw you had replied and therefore must have seen it and decided to do nothing. Whats the general thoughts on this? Do we let it slide?

My arguement for letting Evert keep his avatar was that it wasn\'t very noticable, and people can block the image if they want. This is definately noticable.
Could be edited imho. Interested in what the others have to say.

Good point JR.
to be honest i never even noticed it had the word shit in it, till you pointed it out right now, a quick edit should fix that
Fair enough, but how did you miss it? Tongue
I think it\'s the context of the word. We could get into a huge discussion about grammar and stuff like that.

Or we could just edit it out.

Like I said before, I have no problem if another mod comes up to a thread with something like that and edits out the title WITH OUT asking us about it. I edited Tomcat\'s post once because he messed up the UBB tags. I trust you guys to make those decisions.

However, a questionable thread itself should be something to discuss.
The_Punisher Wrote:Like I said before, I have no problem if another mod comes up to a thread with something like that and edits out the title WITH OUT asking us about it. I edited Tomcat\'s post once because he messed up the UBB tags. I trust you guys to make those decisions.

Agreed.

As for the use of swear words, i\'d say infrequently used in posts is ok, but not in topics, or overly used in sigs/avatars.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's