[ghc]Games Forums

Full Version: Grenadeshock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
MaSwIcK Wrote:ooh ho yeah baby Big Grin
sounds good! =)

It would be really good to temporary lose your hearing, the sounds fades a bit and you hear the character breathing heavy and the sight goes a bit blurry, and then u hear this loud noise and WAM ur back =)
+ you like stagger around, sorta disorientated for a few seconds... No?
glad to see that the team has already discussed this Big Grin

though you may not be thrown, there is a large pressure change, esp inside rooms, that does affect your body\'s gyroscope-effect, hearing, and usually sight for at least a few seconds after the blast.

being thrown? you\'d only be thrown by something like an artillery shell or possibly a mortar. and even then, you\'d be incapacitated or dead after hitting the ground (without limbs, possibly).
Grenades wouldn\'t fling anyone. Ever. But mortars and artillery will. Not taht you\'d survive.

Maybe we should be able to launch ourselves out of artillery shells? Or dead corpses? Tongue
isoFlux Wrote:being thrown? you\'d only be thrown by something like an artillery shell or possibly a mortar. and even then, you\'d be incapacitated or dead after hitting the ground (without limbs, possibly).
How about an animation of your soldier being flung through the air after he\'s hit by artillery/mortar fire, until he hits the ground again and dies? Now that\'d be kickass! Wink
Quote:You really don\'t get thrown if a nade goes off next to you. The explosion really isn\'t powerful, it just sends shrapnel at high velocity

ooooooooo meh ghursh! i think it would be the shiznatz if you got like chunks of wood, rock, metal, n whatnot stickin outta your head Tongue
Some of the bigger mortars might do that. But the more common ones, while they won\'t send you flying, they\'ll probably knock you off your feet.
I threw several real grenades while in the USMC, and let me tell you, they would knock you over, and probably blow an arm off if close enough. They use TNT and are very powerful. Grenades have a kill radius of about 5 meters, and a casualty radius of around 15 meters.

The way CoD did the explosion after effects was very cool.
=D.C.L.I=Everest Wrote:+ you like stagger around, sorta disorientated for a few seconds... No?

yeah =) Something like that would be a very cool effect for the game
I think the disoritentation has something to do with the shockwave of the explosion displacing inner ear fluids. Thats were the dizzyness and blurred vision comes from. That\'d be cool if one of your eyes could get knocked out, so you\'d lose some vision on that side of the screen and maybe change the depth perception in game a bit. Also the players gun should be dropped when they get stunned by a grenade, or maybe have a chance of the gun getting dropped and a chance that they will hold on.
There are a few different types of grenades. Some are as Pun says, with \"low\" (it does pack a punch, after all it has too) exposive power to throw shrapnel around, others are designed to kill and/or incapacitate a person in a certain proximity by the sheer power of it\'s explosion. There are also other types of \"grenades\" that aren\'t thrown by hand.

Wich is why I like to refer to that effect as \"Shellshock\".

Now, I\'m not saying anything more. For now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's