[ghc]Games Forums

Full Version: NSFW Tag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The moderator team has agreed upon implementing a new tag [NSFW] (Not Safe For Work). This tag must be put in any thread that might be \"unsafe\".

NOTE : By unsafe we mean content (images, urls, etc) that might be a bit beyond what you want to pull up while at work or in a public place. Even if that is the case it still might be funny/have a point and thus not be deleted/closed. That is when the tag will/shall be used to give people a fair warning.

Moderators will edit this into any thread heading they deem [NSFW] if the author didn\'t.

Keep it in mind though, and try to remember to do it yourselves.

Thanks.
ElvenKind Wrote:This tag must be put in any thread that might be "unsafe"..

Sorry, I don\'t get you.
I guess that \"unsafe\" is just an euphemism. You want to say \"flaming\". Right?

Anyway, if that\'s the case I don\'t see the point. The political debates forum is already intended for that. Anything there is automatically tagged as \"flammable\". At least that\'s what the forum description suggest.

In short, I really don\'t see (nor understand fully) the point of this new tag rule.
Don\'t jump the gun shift.

The idea came about when we were discussing the first picture in EK\'s drinking thread (see litter bin). Its not breaking any forum rules, but we can understand why people wouldn\'t want that accidentally coming up on their screen when they were at work.
[JR Wrote:]
Don\'t jump the gun shift.

:?

Well, anyway, that makes thing clearer. The \"unsafe\" term was a bit misleading and seemed to point to the political stuff, TBH. That\'s why I didn\'t fully understand this new tag rule.
shift Wrote:I guess that "unsafe" is just an euphemism. You want to say "flaming". Right?

^The jumping the gun part.
You pardon? :?
That was just a request for clarification on a guessing of myself.
And the rest is my positioning based on that assumption.

Just asking for more clarification on this subject.

Sorry, but I can\'t help to put this :wtf: icon
unsafe is not political debates but any links or images which might not be something you want your work mates or friends to see, the drinking thread was a mild example of this, but as we know from the last forums they can get a lot worse.
NOW! Thanks for the clarifying and specific answer, SoulSurfer.

I was afraid that this was going to be another loop of \"what?/whaddawhat?\" posts Big Grin
you can also decide to kil the thread altogether... or to remove the litter bin from non-logged-in access
OR just get a more understandable tag, like [HOME] tag or smth, but NSFW is kind of far fetched

First time i saw it i thought of need speed for work Tongue
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's